Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tyler Perry On Oprah: Abuse, Molestation & More



prah Winfrey Show” today Wednesday (Oct. 20) where he gave a raw and painful interview about the fact that he was abused several times by different people when he was just a kid.

Perry refused to open up about the disturbing events when his mother who went through some extremely difficult ordeals was alive because he could not bear to cause her anymore harm with the horrors he had to reveal.

Seeing that she is now deceased the filmmaker decided to share his misery and burden with the world saying “[It was] a living hell.I feel like I died as a child.”

On his violent father who would constantly beat and verbally abused him:

“I could go to this park [in my mind] that my mother and my aunt had taken me to. … I’m there in this park running and playing, and it was such a good day,” he says. “So, every time somebody was doing something to me that was horrible, that was awful, I could go to this park in my mind until it was over.”
I thought, ‘What is the point of living?’” he says. “My mother was truly my saving grace, because she would take me to church with her. I would see my mother smiling in the choir, and I wanted to know this God that made her so happy. If I had not had that faith in my life, I don’t know where I would be right now.”

On being sexually abused at the age of 5 or 6 years by an adult male neighbor who was helping him build a little birdhouse:

“the man put his hands in my pants.I’m thinking, ‘What is this?.And I felt my body betraying me, because I felt an erection at that age.”

“[The man from church] used God and the Bible against me to justify a lot of the things that were going on. It was so horrible,” Tyler says. “And that was my first sexual experience, with this man performing oral sex on me as a boy.”

Share This Story to Your Friends ---

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

SHARE

Bookmark and Share