Monday, October 11, 2010

TNA: After Bound For Glory, Before TNA Impact, and Before Many TV Reviews


Watch this video on www.youtube.com

I rarely watch TNA wrestling today. Maybe it's because of some unfounded

skepticism

I find in the product. Maybe it's simply because it's not as great as it could be.
I first heard of TNA wrestling via commercials on my satellite cable system. I was still a WWE only type of fan, watching wrestlers like Triple H, Randy Orton, John Cena and Batista on my TV. I never really watched TNA.
When I did, I was very impressed.
Samoa Joe was the one who caught my attention the most. He was the TNA X Division Champion, and he was someone to marvel at. What couldn't this guy do?
He was undefeated for over a year in TNA, never losing a match to anyone. Even when he lost his title, he was out of the decision. Someone took advantage of the situation and pinned another man for his well-deserved championship.
The only flaw I saw in TNA was Jeff Jarrett, and even that was just to a degree of kayfabe. Jeff Jarrett just couldn't stop winning the prestigious NWA World Heavyweight championship. That bothered the Hell out of me, to say the least.
The first clue that TNA was a great promotion to me was when Christian signed on after leaving the WWE. The moment he joined, he was a main event star. The lack of success in the WWE translated into two world title reigns in Total Nonstop Action wrestling. That was the beginning of my true fandom of TNA.

Share This Story to Your Friends ---

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

SHARE

Bookmark and Share